106. How to Create Habits That Last: Part 2
Sure : we all want to change new habits but will they last 6 months from now?
In Part 2 of How to Create Habits that Last, using the research of Dr. Kelly McGonigal's work (https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/faculty-research/faculty/kelly-m-mcgonigal), I emphasize why coming from a growth mindset is the key to changing any habit.
In this episode, you will learn:
• the 3 E's: ENVIRONMENT, EASE & ENJOYMENT
• how these three tools can set you up for success
• the secret of the 10 minute rule
• how to feel or "surf" any urge.
• how to define success--it's not in creating the habit itself but catching yourself and your mind when you don't.
Enjoy this episode of Teacher Talk!
Resources: Follow Chrissy on Instagram @chrissyconcept. Sign up for a FREE 30 minute coaching call. More About Teacher Talk with Chrissy Nichols: Teacher Talk is the podcast for educators like you who are on the brink of burnout, or are already there. It’s your guide to feeling better about being at school and being in your life. Your host, Chrissy Nichols, is a life coach for teachers. In her weekly episodes, she will give you quick tools, tips, and brain hacks to understand that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It’s time to find the joy in teaching again and get back to feeling like the best version of yourself.