30. French Chickens with Perrine Voisin
Perrine Voisin grew up near Chamonix, in France. She has lived in the US since 2008 and has taught Dual French Immersion at the elementary level for 5 years in Park City, Utah. She was a professional skier, competed internationally and has an academic background in international business and education. Perrine's superpower is connecting with her students by sharing her French background and her culture. She also has amazing work/life balance and in her spare time, she tends to her chickens, her bees, makes her own bread, and pursues her passions for all things mountains.
In This Episode I share:
- How Perrine balances her school and personal life
- The challenges of Dual Immersion teaching
- Why Perrine sees metrics, standardized testing, and scores as obstacles to her teaching
- How Perrine will use travel and her hobbies to rest and rejuvenate this summer
More About Teacher Talk with Chrissy Nichols:
Teacher Talk is the podcast for educators like you who are on the brink of burnout, or are already there. It’s your guide to feeling better about being at school and being in your life. Your host, Chrissy Nichols, is a life coach for teachers.
In her weekly episodes, she will give you quick tools, tips, and brain hacks to understand that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It’s time to find the joy in teaching again and get back to feeling like the best version of yourself.