9. Love of Teaching with David Colaw
Episode 9 features a conversation with David Colaw, a 34 year math teacher in both high school and college. David describes why he started teaching (and it’s not because he loves math!) and the challenges that he faced during Covid, and how connection is the key to teaching. David dives deeply into his hard why for staying in teaching for so long: connection with his students and watching their discovery “aha” moments in math.
In This Episode, We Share:
- Why David became a teacher and how his thoughts helped him stay in teaching
- How men can be devalued as educators and how to create more ease for yourself and your students
- Advice for teachers who are feeling burnout and who want to leave the classroom
- How to not take student feedback personally
More About Teacher Talk with Chrissy Nichols:
Teacher Talk is the podcast for educators like you who are on the brink of burnout, or are already there. It’s your guide to feeling better about being at school and being in your life. Your host, Chrissy Nichols, is a life coach for teachers.
In her weekly episodes, she will give you quick tools, tips, and brain hacks to understand that there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It’s time to find the joy in teaching again and get back to feeling like the best version of yourself.